Tuesday, July 22, 2008

SARAH STOLLEY

After graduation with the best class to ever graduate from Bonners Ferry High School, I attended the University of Idaho (GO VANDALS!) and graduated with a Bachelor's of Science in Secondary Education with an endorsement in Social Studies. I graduated in December of 2002, and began job hunting. I attended a teacher fair in Spokane, Washington and met with Killeen Independent School District out of Texas. I applied online, and went through a couple of phone interviews and was invited to come down to Killeen to interview at one of the middle schools. I was offered the job within 30 minutes of the interview and the whirlwind began.

I packed everything that could fit in my car and moved to Killeen, Texas (about 1 hour North of Austin, TX). It has been an unbelievable experience! I'm at Liberty Hill Middle School in Killeen. I am teaching PE and I coach volleyball and track. I am the head girl's coach and I have the most amazing student athletes in the entire district. Athletics are extremely competitive in Texas so athletics takes a HUGE majority of my time. I'm one of those coaches that yells, drops clipboards, and stomps. It's amazing how kids can surprise you on and off the court. I've been teaching for 6 years and I love everything about my job.

When I moved to Texas I met the man of my dreams (Joseph Bearden), and we've been together about 4 years--there are definitely wedding bells in the future. He makes me laugh until I cry, he supports me in everything that I do, and he takes good care of me--especially since my family is so far away.

A few paragraphs can't really explain a person's journey over 10 years time, but I hope everyone's experiences have been just as rewarding and wonderful as mine.

:-) Sarah Stolley




No comments: