Tuesday, July 22, 2008

JOCELYN PEACOCK-JOHNSON

Let´s see, after high school I began working as a legal secretary in Coeur d´Alene and got an AA and AS from NIC, then moved to Portland, Oregon and continued work in the legal field (paralegal) and worked my way through my Bachelor´s Degree which I received from Portland State University in Psychology. I then attended Lewis & Clark College for 3 years and received my Masters (about a month ago) in Counseling Psychology with a specialty in adult addictions. I´ve been working as an addictions counselor for about 9 months. I also have a part time job fundraising and marketing for a small Portland based company. I have a couple non profit accounts that I am working on. I volunteer for an organization called betties 360 which involves mentoring adolescent at risk girls. they are paired up with a mentor from the community and we take them out for a weeknd and teach them how to do some type of action sport (rock climbing, windsurfing, kayaking, etc.). My partner Marla and I got married on April 19, 2008, following Oregon passing the right for same sex couples to have civil unions. We were married on our 3 year anniversary. No children for us yet, but it will be in our near future. We live in West Linn, Oregon just outside of Portland. Marla works as an instructional aid for special needs kids. We enjoy rock climbing, having board game parties, camping, etc.

No comments: